Awesome Travel Captions and Quotes for Instagram
Are you looking for some inspiration for travel captions for Instagram? If so, read on! I have rounded up 50 of the best Instagram captions and quotes that are perfect for travel lovers.
Let’s be honest, captions complete photos, especially on Instagram. Every picture you take has a story to tell and the image is just one part of that story, the other part comes from an inspirational caption. However, coming up with new and exciting captions for every photo you take can be a real chore!
To save you the hassle, I’ve compiled a list of the best travel quotes, which you can use for your instagram captions – enjoy!
The Full List: Travel Quotes and Captions for Instagram
- “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” — Neale Donald Walsch
- “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
- “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Marina Richter
- “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
- “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” – Rachel Wolchin
- “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
- “It was sunsets that taught me that beauty sometimes only lasts for a couple of moments, and it was sunrises that showed me that all it takes is patience to experience it all over again.” — A.J. Lawless
- “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport.”
- “Maybe you’ll get more than you ever could have imagined. Who knows where life will take you – the road is long, and in the end, the journey is the destination.” – Whitey Durham, One Tree Hill
- “Nothing lasts forever, except the day before you start your vacation.” — Gayland Anderson
- “I want someone to look at me the way I look at a travel brochure.”
- “At the beach, life is different. Time doesn’t move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun.”– Sandy Gingras
- “A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you.”
- “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path, and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The more clouds you have in your sky, the more colourful sunset it will be.” – Sajal Sazzad
- “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” – Jo Walton
- “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you’ve travelled.”
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – André Gide
- “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.”
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
- “Work, travel, save, repeat.”
- “Take only memories, leave only footprints.“― Chief Seattle
- “Sunsets are proof that endings can be beautiful too.“ – Beau Taplin
- “Find me under the palm trees!“
- “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes.
- “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
- “Saltwater cures all wounds.“
- “Go, fly, roam, travel, voyage, explore, journey, discover, adventure.”
- “Collect moments, not things.“ – Aarti Khurana
- “Dare to live the life you’ve always wanted.“
- “A change of latitude would help my attitude!”
- “How to get a beach body: Step 1: Have a body. Step 2: Go to the beach.“
- “Jobs fill your pockets, but adventures fill your soul.” –Jaime Lyn
- “All you need is love and sunsets.“
- “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” – David Mitchell
- “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” – Herman Melville
- “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, to gain all while you give, to roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Andersen
- “The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” – W.B. Yeats
- “The gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
- “Afoot and lighthearted, I take to the open road, healthy, free, the world before me.” – Walt Whitman
- “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
- “And at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy, and your eyes sparkling.” – Shanti
- “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Travel is like a giant blank canvas, and the painting on the canvas is only limited by one’s imagination.” – Ross Morley
- “Don’t worry about the world ending today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia.” – Charles M. Schulz
- “I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine.” – Caskie Stinnett
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
Sharing is caring!
If you love these travel quotes please do share them with your loved ones or save them for later! ❤️
Best Global Travel Insurance
Obtaining global travel medical insurance is an absolute necessity when moving to or visiting any foreign country. This became extremely apparent after my partner nearly died in a motorcycle accident in Bali, and his medical bills ended up totalling over £10,000 (luckily he was insured!)
So, if you’re traveling around or working remotely, I highly recommend getting travel medical coverage. Nomad Insurance with SafetyWing is probably your best bet, as it covers emergency medical evacuation and bedside visits, starting at just $42 per 4 weeks. While I hope you never have to use it, it’s there in case of emergencies that can seriously rack up expenses.
One of my favourite features of SafetyWing Insurance is that you can use it as a subscription service, meaning you don’t have to pay for the whole year upfront. Instead, you’re charged every 28 days, until you cancel (for for a maximum of 364 days), which gives you the ultimate level of flexibility.
Another massive benefit of SafetyWing is that there’s no limit on travel duration, so you don’t need a return date (and a return ticket) in order to activate your insurance. So in my opinion, it’s the perfect safety net for anyone on the move!
Check SafetyWing Insurance out for yourself here: